Gambling can become addictive.
Don’t let it take control of your life.
- Do you think about gambling every day?
- Do you chase your losses?
- Do you ever hide your gambling from people close to you?
- Do you ever borrow money from friends in order to gamble?
- Do you argue with family over money and your gambling?
- Do you often gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you lose sleep because you are thinking about gambling?
- Do you let bills go unpaid because you’re using the money for gambling?
- Do you frequently try to stop gambling but can’t?
- Do you set limits and then find you don’t enjoy gambling unless you spend more?
If you answered ‘yes’ to a number of these questions, gambling may be a problem for you.
- Set a limit before you begin and stick to it
- You should spend only what you can afford to lose
- Don’t borrow money to gamble
- Don’t spend more to win back losses
- Take a break from your gaming from time to time
If you feel you need help, the following services are available to people for whom gambling has become a problem:
Queensland: 1800 222 050
New South Wales: 1800 633 635; TTY 1800 633 649
Tasmania: 1800 000 973; TTY 1800 000 974
Victoria: 1800 156 789
South Australia: 1800 060 757
Western Australia: 1800 622 112
Lifeline Canberra: 13 11 14
Gambler’s Help: 1800 156 789.
State Based Services:
G-Line (NSW) – 24 hour counselling service on 1800 633 635
Gambling and Betting Addiction Inc. (G.A.B.A.)
Launceston and Northwest Coast 1800 676 565
Hobart and Glenorchy 1800 802 834
Problem Gambling Support Services Committee (WA)
24-hour telephone counselling and referral service (or helpline) – 1800 622 112
If your children have access to the computer you are using to log into GoPunt.com , we suggest you to install a child protection software package on your computer. The links below will take you to two products which perform this function.